Iron Banner is Destiny used to be a time of intense player versus player combat. The crucible would come alive with sounds of bullets hitting their targets. Or more accurately the sounds of snipers and shotguns shooting people from across the map. The Destiny 2 Iron Banner tournament changes things up for better and for worse. Let us take a look at what you can expect from Season 1 of the Iron Banner.
Here is what Bungie shared with us during the weekly update:
Begins: October 10, 2AM PacificEnds: October 17, 2AM PacificThe game is Control.As the first Faction Rally comes to an end, the Iron Lords are hosting the next ritual. Their special event has undergone some changes. The Iron Banner is still your chance to stand and be proven in the fires of friendly competition.What’s different?
- Combat will be between two teams of four players
- Your fighting abilities, not your power levels, will decide the outcome
- Bounties and Ranks have been replaced with an Iron Banner EngramHow can you compete?
- Complete the Destiny 2 campaign – the only way to reach the Tower
- Visit Lord Saladin in the Tower to begin the Iron Banner Quest
- Fight in the Iron Banner playlist with Quickplay modes and matchmakingWhat’s in it for you?
- Earn Iron Banner Tokens in every match (earn more if you win)
- Daily and Season* Milestones that track your progress to glory
- Claim brand new armor wrought in the forges of the Iron Lords
However, since the first day of gameplay we have also learned a few more valuable tidbits.
- You will receive 5 Iron Banner tokens for a win in the game mode and 2 Iron Banner tokens for a loss.
- You will receive 15 tokens for completing the daily milestone. Which consists of completing all 3 challenges while playing Iron Banner.
- It takes 20 Iron Banner tokens to rank up Lord Saladin.
- The Seasonal/Weekly Milestone tasks you with ranking up Lord Saladin 10 times during the week, and will likely reward Iron Banner gear at Luminous levels.
- There is a remake of the Shores of Time Crucible map called Distant Shores. Instead of Venus, this map is set on Nessus.
- The Lord Saladin announcer is not as fun as Lord Shaxx in the Crucible. In fact he sounds kind of sad.
- Lord Shaxx told me I am his favorite guardian, and he doesn’t care who knows it.
- Finally, the weapons of the Iron Banner are mostly meh. The best gun is the pulse rifle The Time Worn Spire. This gun is very similar to the Lincoln Green archetype.
Will you be playing Iron Banner this week? Which set of armor looks the best, Titan right? Or are you just focused on the Prestige mode raid next week? (it launches on October 18, 2017, spoondeep.com will be covering it)